Potato Application Information
Application fee is $56.00/acre.
Minimum application fee is $56.00 - for acreages which are less than 1 acre in size.
Applications are due 3 weeks after planting.
Incomplete/late applications will be assessed a $50.00 fee - please see Application to grow and certify seed for details.
Canceled applications will be assessed a $100.00 fee.
Potato Seed Certification Standards
Potato Seed Certification Standards - seed stock requirements, land requirements, isolation, field inspections, post harvest testing, disease tolerance, etc.
Potato Certified Tag Requests
All tags for certified seed are now requested using an online tag request procedure that will provide most of the information about the seed lot. You will need to log in as a member to use this system.
Tag request information:
- Tag requests will be printed in the order they were received during the hours of 7:30 am to 3:00 pm, Monday thru Friday, unless otherwise notified.
- Tag request turnaround time is between 24 to 48 business hours. However, the CCIA strives to complete all tag requests on the same day received whenever possible.
- Tag requests that contain inaccurate or incorrect information will cause delays!
- Overnight orders cannot be guaranteed unless they have been submitted before noon the previous day.
- Conditioners who wish to pick-up their tag orders in person will be notified by CCIA Staff when the tags are ready and available. Please note that the 24 to 48 hour turnaround time applies for all pick-up orders as well.
Potato Variety Descriptions
View the database of potato variety descriptions:
California Certified Seed Potato Directory
Marketing Purpose of Potatoes
Marketing Purpose of Potatoes - chart listing varieties suitable for fresh market, specialty, chips, french fries, or dehydration.