The process to certify the seed is done online. First time company users must be entered into the CCIA database. Contact the CCIA at 530-752-0544 to be added. Each company will assign permissions to their employees to have access to use the CCIA online process.
Begin the request for certification by using the 'Members Login' link on the home page and login with your email address and self-selected password. A page will display a grid of all your company's current applications. View the tutorials below for detailed instructions:
- Bulk sales certificate - this form is used in place of a certification tag when certified seed is being sold for planting in a non-packaged form. You must log in as a member to access this form. In the black menu bar, select "Bulk Sales/Transfers". It will populate most of the information about the seed lot when the App ID, Seed ID, or Blend number is entered. Provide the rest of the information needed.
- Certified seed conditioning permit (pdf) - this form allows information to be typed directly on the form. Download to your computer and open the document. If the blue form boxes do not appear click on "Enable All Features" which should be on the upper right side of the page.
- Seed transfer certificate - this form is used to track seed as it is moved from one location to another, such as inter-State, inter-County, or intra-County. The form is submitted by the shipper in order to notify the Agricultural Commissioner, the CCIA, and the receiving agency. You must log in as a member to access this form. In the black menu bar, select "Bulk Sales/Transfers". It will populate most of the information about the seed lot when the Seed ID or Blend number is entered. Provide the rest of the information needed. Once the shipper has completed the form, the Agriculture Commissioner will be notified that a Seed Transfer Certificate has been submitted. The Ag Commissioner will login to the CCIA website to review and approve the transfer. Upon approval, the shipper and the destination county will be notified the Seed Transfer Certificate is complete.
Login using "Member Login" link. In the black menu bar select "Tags". A page titled "Tags Home" will display a grid of all tags previously requested sorted by year. Select link "Request a new tag". Provide the information requested.
View the tutorial How to Submit a Tag Request (pdf) for detailed instructions.
- Tag requests will be printed in the order they were received during the hours of 7:30 am to 3:00 pm, Monday thru Friday, unless otherwise notified.
- Tag request turnaround time is between 24 to 48 business hours. However, the CCIA strives to complete all tag requests on the same day received whenever possible.
- Tag requests that contain inaccurate or incorrect information will cause delays!
- Overnight orders cannot be guaranteed unless they have been submitted before noon the previous day.
- Conditioners who wish to pick-up their tag orders in person will be notified by CCIA Staff when the tags are ready and available. Please note that the 24 to 48 hour turnaround time applies for all pick-up orders as well.
The purpose of inspecting a harvester is to ensure that it is free of those seeds which might contaminate the certified seed to be harvested. This 9 minute video provides a tutorial on how to verify that a harvester has been sufficiently cleaned.
Harvester Cleanout Inspection
(this link will open a YouTube video)